Slip and fall accidents can lead to severe injuries for victims and must be taken seriously by every party involved. At Tiano O’Dell, our team is here to help if you need a West Virginia slip and fall attorney by your side. We have extensive experience handling complex premises liability claims throughout Charleston, and we have the resources necessary to help secure the compensation you are entitled to.
Why Choose Tiano O’Dell for Your Charleston Slip and Fall Claim?
- At Tiano O’Dell, we focus on providing a client-centered approach to every case that we take. This means that we take the time to listen to our client’s goals and needs so we can formulate the best case strategy moving forward.
- We have a track record of success in helping clients secure proper compensation in their Charleston, WV personal injury cases. We have obtained significant settlements and verdicts on behalf of premises liability clients in Charleston.
- We take Charleston slip and fall cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not have to pay any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they need.
Most Common Causes of Charleston Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents have various causes. Some of the most common causes include the following:
- Floors wet from spills of food or drink
- Broken or uneven areas in the flooring
- Torn or bunched up carpeting
- Uneven stairs
- No handrails on ramps or stairs
- Cracks or uneven areas on a sidewalk or in the parking lot
- No “wet floor” signs posted after mopping or waxing
Injuries Caused by Slip and Fall Accidents
Data available from the National Floor Safety Institute shows that approximately 1,000,000 people have to seek medical care in a hospital emergency room due to slip and fall injuries each year across the country. The reality is that slip and fall injuries can lead to significant injuries that lead to long-term consequences for victims. Some of the most common injuries that Charleston, West Virginia slip and fall attorneys at Tiano O’Dell help clients with include the following:
- Broken or dislocated bones, including arms, wrists, collarbones, elbows, legs, and ankles
- Broken hips
- Broken or fractured ribs
- Knee damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other back or neck injury
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Facial injuries, including broken noses, jaws, and cheekbones
How Long do You Have to File a Slip and Fall Accident Claim?
Victims of slip and fall accidents in Charleston have a limited amount of time to file these lawsuits in court. The West Virginia personal injury statute of limitations is two years from the date an injury occurs. This means that slip and fall accident victims in Charleston have a two year window with which to file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent property owner or they will lose the ability to recover the compensation they need.
Contact a Charleston, WV Slip and Fall Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured in a slip and fall accident caused by the actions of a property owner in Charleston, West Virginia, contact the team at Tiano O’Dell as soon as possible. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling premises liability cases in Charleston and throughout West Virginia, and we know what it takes to stand up to aggressive insurance carriers in these cases. Our goal is to determine liability for what happened, negotiate with every party involved, and help you secure full compensation for your losses. When you need a Charleston, West Virginia, slip and fall accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation online or by calling us at (304) 720-6700.