Charleston, WV Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents can lead to severe injuries for victims, and these cases are often complex. However, those involved in vehicle accidents in Charleston, West Virginia, have a powerful advocate ready to stand by their side. At Tiano O’Dell, PLLC, our Charleston car accident attorneys will bring their expertise and resources to your case in an effort to obtain full compensation for your injuries and property damage. We are not afraid to stand up to aggressive insurance carriers or at-fault parties, and we will see your case through to the end.
Why Choosing the Right Car Accident Lawyer Matters
Hiring an attorney in the aftermath of a car accident is a major decision, and you need to be sure you are working with someone you can trust both personally and professionally. At Tiano O’Dell, PLLC, we are ready to stand by your side.
- Our Charleston car accident lawyers have more than two decades of experience handling injury cases for our clients.
- We have the resources necessary to handle complex car accident injury cases, and we are not afraid to stand up to aggressive insurance carriers.
- We offer free consultations to all potential new clients so we can help you fully understand your legal options before committing to representation.
- Our team takes Charleston car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that we will not collect any legal fees until after we secure the compensation you need.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents occur in various ways in and around the Charleston, West Virginia area. At Tiano O’Dell, our investigation often determines that car accidents are caused by the careless and negligent actions of other drivers on the roadway. This includes the following:
- Distracted driving behaviors
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Operating too fast for conditions
- Reckless driving
- Failing to follow traffic laws
In some cases, we discover that a car accident is caused by a defect in the vehicle. Defects can lead to severe accidents and are often caused by:
- Auto-body mechanics who perform shoddy repairs
- Auto companies or manufacturers
- Auto part manufacturers
Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
Unfortunately, car accident injuries sustained by victims in the Charleston area are often severe. The team at Tiano O’Dell, PLLC regularly helps clients who sustain injuries at all levels of severity, including the following:
- Brain Injuries. Traumatic brain injuries can occur anytime there is a severe collision, and these injuries often lead to short- or long-term disabilities for victims.
- Broken Bones. Broken and dislocated bones often occur in high-impact crashes, and they can significantly effective victim’s daily life and ability to work.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. Spinal cord injuries one of the most severe injuries that can occur in a car accident, and they can lead to varying levels of paralysis.
What to Expect After an Auto Accident
The aftermath of a Charleston car accident can be confusing for victims. Immediately following a crash, it is vital that car accident victims take the following steps:
- Seek medical care. Regardless of how minor or severe the injuries may seem, victims need to be evaluated by a medical professional. This will ensure their well-being while also establishing a link between the crash and the injuries.
- Call the police. Nearly every car accident needs to be reported to law enforcement so an accident report can be completed. The police will conduct a preliminary investigation into the incident, determine fault, and issue citations as necessary.
- Gather evidence. If it is safe to do so at the scene of the crash, gather as much evidence as possible. This could include taking photographs of any damages, causes of the crash, injuries, and more. This also includes gathering the names and contact information of any eyewitnesses and the names, driver’s license number, and insurance information for any other driver involved.
- Report the incident to your insurer. Most insurance carriers require that accidents be reported fairly soon after the incident occurs. When you report the accident to your insurance carrier, you do not need to go into significant detail initially. They just need to know an accident occurred, and they need to have the information of the other drivers involved.
- Continue medical care. It is critically important that car accident victims continued to receive medical care until their doctor determines they have reached maximum medical improvement. A failure to continue medical care could result in an insurance carrier delaying or denying a claim.
How much is My Charleston Car Accident Claim Worth?
There is no set amount of money awarded to victims in the aftermath of a Charleston car accident. Every case is unique, and there are various factors that determine the amount of compensation awarded in a settlement or a jury verdict.
However, the Charleston car accident attorneys at Tiano O’Dell, PLLC have a track record of success helping clients obtain the following types of compensation for their claims:
- Full coverage of their medical bills caused by the crash
- Compensation for any physical therapy or rehabilitation necessary
- General household out-of-pocket the car accident victim incurs
- Any income the victim loses if they cannot work while recovering
- Property damage expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
Our Charleston car accident lawyers will also work to secure punitive damages in cases of gross negligence on the part of the other parties involved in the crash.
Contact a Charleston, West Virginia Car Accident Lawyer
If you or somebody you love has been injured in a car accident in or around Charleston, West Virginia, seek legal assistance immediately. At Tiano O’Dell, PLLC we are here to help if you have been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of another driver. Our team is going to be your advocate throughout this entire case, and we will use our full resources to ensure you receive maximum compensation for your claim. Let us handle the aggressive insurance carriers while you focus on recovering and spending time with your family. You can contact our team for a free consultation by filling out our online form or calling (304) 720-6700.