Morgantown Personal Injury Attorney
If you or someone you care about has been injured due to the negligence of another person, you may be entitled to compensation. At Tiano O’Dell, PLLC, we are dedicated to helping clients secure the compensation they deserve. See how we can help you by contacting our law office today.
What is personal injury?
“Personal injury” is a legal term used to describe physical injuries to a person’s body as well as psychological and emotional damages a person may suffer. You will most commonly see the term personal injury when a person has been injured due to someone else’s is negligence and files a lawsuit against them.
What does a personal injury lawyer do?
For most personal injury cases, the injured victim will likely need to use an attorney to help proceed with their case. Personal injury cases can become incredibly complex. They often involve extensive investigations to determine the liability of the at-fault party. Your personal injury attorney will be responsible for:
- Obtaining all evidence that relates to the case, including accident reports, eyewitness statements, photo and video surveillance, and more.
- Obtaining your medical records and having them thoroughly evaluated by a trusted medical professional.
- Working with expert economic witnesses to determine the full extent of your losses, including lost income.
- Negotiating with all parties in order to obtain a settlement that covers all of your expenses or preparing the case to go to trial if necessary.
How can you achieve maximum compensation?
Your first step in achieving maximum compensation for your personal injury case is Ensuring that you receive medical attention as soon as possible after an incident. Not only does this ensure your own well-being, but it establishes is a link between the incident and your injuries.
Your next step is securing a knowledgeable and experienced Morgantown personal injury attorney immediately. Most individuals who are injured due to another person’s negligence do not have the resources or experience to take on an insurance carrier or other party in a personal injury case. An attorney will have professional resources to handle complex personal injury cases.
You will need to follow the advice of your attorney throughout the entire case. This will include following all doctor’s orders and going to all follow up medical visits. A significant portion of your compensation will revolve around your injuries and medical expenses. By continuing medical care until you are fully recovered, you are showing all parties involved the extent of your injuries.
What type of compensation is available?
There are various types of compensation available to those who are injured due to another person’s careless or negligent actions. This includes both economic and non-economic damages such as the following:
- all medical expenses related to the injury (past, present, and future)
- lost income and benefits if you cannot work while you recover
- pain and suffering damages
- general household expenses
- possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party
If you or someone you care about is suffering from a personal injury, contact the West Virginia personal injury lawyers at Tiano O’Dell, PLLC as soon as possible. You can request a free consultation online or by calling us at (304) 720-6700.