Charleston, West Virginia Personal Injury Attorney
Injuries happen unexpectedly and could lead to a victim sustaining significant disabilities. Injury victims are often left to dealing with tremendous medical bills and other injury-related expenses. At Tiano O’Dell, PLLC, we are here to help when you need a Charleston, West Virginia personal injury attorney to protect your rights. We pledge to conduct a thorough investigation into your claim to obtain maximum compensation and have a proven track record of success in helping our clients. Contact our law office today to schedule your free consultation to discuss your legal options.
Were You or Someone You Love Hurt in an Accident?
Unfortunately, many injury incidents are caused by the careless or negligent actions of another person, company, or entity that failed to provide its duty of care to protect safety and well-being. When this occurs, the injury victim should be able to recover compensation from the at-fault party’s insurance company. However, these cases can become incredibly complicated, and you will need a skilled Charleston personal injury attorney on your side. You may have to file a lawsuit in order to recover full compensation for your claim.
Personal Injury Resources
- Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
- Personal Injuries Caused by Accidents in Charleston, West Virginia
- What to Do After an Accident
- West Virginia Statute of Limitations
- What Damages Can Be Recovered in a West Virginia Accident?
- West Virginia Locations
- Contact a Charleston Personal Injury Lawyer
Why Choose Tiano O’Dell, PLLC
After sustaining an injury caused by another party, you need to choose an attorney you can trust both personally and professionally to handle a complex case.
- Our attorneys have more than two decades of experience handling all types of personal injury claims in and around Charleston, WV.
- Our law firm is dedicated exclusively to personal injury law. This specialized knowledge gives us an advantage over other law firms who practice in all different types of law.
- We have extensive resources at our disposal that we can use to conduct full investigations into all personal injury claims.
- Founding partners William Tiano and Tony O’Dell have earned recognition as Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association and West Virginia Super Lawyers.
- We take all injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients pay no legal fees until after we secured the compensation they deserve.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
The team at Tiano O’Dell, PLLC has extensive experience handling all types of injury cases. From coal mining accidents to dog bites, all kinds of accidents can lead to personal injury. Some of the cases that we provide legal representation for include the following:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents. Traffic collisions happen in a variety of ways in and around Charleston, WV. Causes of motorcycle, truck, and car accidents include distracted driving, impaired driving, failure to follow traffic laws, and more.
- Medical Malpractice. Most people do not realize that medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the country, according to researchers at Johns Hopkins. These mistakes can include surgical errors, medication mistakes, misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, birth injuries, and more.
- Nursing Home Abuse. Estimates show that one out of every 10 individuals over the age of 60 will experience elder abuse every year, and this abuse often occurs in nursing homes. This can include physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional and psychological abuse, financial abuse, and neglect of basic necessities.
- Premises Liability. Property owners and operators have a duty to ensure that their premises are safe for those who have a right to be there. Unfortunately, there are times when the negligence of a property owner allows for unsafe conditions to arise that can harm guests.
- Product Liability. Defective products can be incredibly harmful to consumers. Products are often defective due to flawed designs, manufacturing errors, or problems with a product label.
- Wrongful Death. If an individual dies from an accident directly caused by another party’s negligence, his or her surviving loved ones may be able to file a wrongful death claim.
Personal Injuries Caused by Accidents
At Tiano O’Dell, PLLC, we regularly help clients who have sustained severe injuries as a result of the negligence of another person. This includes the following types of injuries:
- Brain Injuries. Traumatic brain injuries usually occur due to a sharp blow to the head. A brain injury can leave a victim suffering from significant physical and cognitive disabilities.
- Broken Bones. When a victim sustains broken bones, they often are unable to resume normal activities for an extended period of time, and they may need rehabilitation in order to make a full recovery.
- Burn Injuries. Injuries caused by burns can occur in a variety of ways, and an estimated 450,000 burn injuries require treatment at the hospital each year across the United States.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. Injuries to the spinal cord can be catastrophic and leave a victim partially or completely paralyzed. Spinal cord injuries can also be incredibly costly for victims and their families.
What Should I Do After an Accident?
The Charleston, WV personal injury attorneys at our law firm suggest that anybody harmed due to the negligence of another person take the following steps to ensure they receive compensation for their claim:
- Seek medical assistance as soon as possible after sustaining an injury.
- Report the injury to the appropriate authorities (police, employer, property owner, etc.).
- Notify insurance companies of the injury (if applicable).
- Do not give any recorded statements or sign over your medical records to any other party.
- Speak to a personal injury attorney in Charleston, West Virginia as soon as possible for a free consultation of your case.
What is the Statute of Limitations in West Virginia?
In West Virginia, there is a time limit placed on how long victims in these cases have to file lawsuits against in alleged negligent party. This time limit is called the statute of limitations and requires victims to file a lawsuit against an at-fault party within two years of the date the injury occurred. Failure to file a lawsuit within this time limit will likely result in the victim being unable to recover compensation for their losses.
What Kinds of Damages Can I Recover?
If you or somebody you love has been injured due to the actions of another person, you may have a right to various types of compensation. The total amount of compensation awarded in these cases will vary depending on the factors related to each particular case. However, the personal injury lawyers at Tiano O’Dell, PLLC are regularly able to help clients recover the following:
- Coverage of all medical bills related to their injuries
- Lost income if they are unable to work while recovering
- Loss of future earnings or earning potential caused by a disability
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against an alleged negligent party
Areas We Serve
Our skilled personal injury attorneys are licensed to practice in West Virginia, and we are happy to take cases anywhere in the state. While our office is located in Charleston, additional cities we serve include but are not limited to:
Contact a Charleston Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, seek legal advice and information as soon as possible. At Tiano O’Dell, PLLC, our qualified and experience Charleston personal injury lawyers are ready to get to work investigating your injury claim so we can secure full compensation on your behalf. You can contact our law firm for a free consultation online or by or calling (304) 720-6700.