If you have been injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, you might assume that the rideshare company’s $1 million policy will cover your injuries and damages. Unfortunately, collecting compensation after a rideshare accident is rarely that simple. The company’s insurance coverage only kicks in under certain circumstances, and injured parties are often left without a clear path to financial recovery for their losses.
The attorneys at Tiano O’Dell, PLLC, know that responsible parties rarely admit fault after an Uber or Lyft accident. We know West Virginia rideshare accident laws and how to navigate difficult defendants and their insurance companies. Contact our office for a free consultation and case evaluation with a rideshare accident attorney.
Our Rideshare Accident Practice
- Our practice is exclusively dedicated to handling personal injury cases in Charleston, West Virginia. Our specialized knowledge allows us to focus on injury law and gives us an advantage over other law firms that have a multi-focus practice. Our attorneys know rideshare accident laws and will make sure that the responsible parties are held accountable.
- We believe that we are defined by how we treat our clients. We understand that we work for our clients, and we provide personalized legal services in every case. We will always keep you up-to-date on your case status and will be available to address your questions and concerns.
- For more than two decades, we have taken on negligent and reckless defendants. No case is too large, and no defendant is too powerful for our attorneys to handle. We fight for justice and maximum compensation for our clients in every case.
Facts and Circumstances Impacting Liability
As mentioned above, liability for your injuries and damages depends on several factors, and rideshare companies are only responsible for your losses under specific circumstances. Important facts in your accident include whether or not the Uber or Lyft driver was logged into the app, if the driver had accepted a job, and who was at fault for the accident. Additional accident details might impact liability, such as if the rideshare driver was adequately insured, if the at-fault driver was adequately insured, and if you were a rideshare passenger at the time of the accident.
Uber and Lyft Insurance Policies
Uber has auto insurance protection in place to help people who have sustained injuries in rideshare accidents. If your personal auto insurance does not apply to the accident, Uber has the following coverage available for drivers injured during a trip:
- $1,000,000 third-party liability
- Contingent comprehensive and collision
- Up to actual cash value of car with a $2,500 deductible
Lyft has the same levels of insurance coverage and similar terms.
Rideshare Accident Compensation
If you were injured in a car accident caused by someone else, you might be entitled to compensation for your losses in a personal injury claim. Financial recovery in a personal injury claim often includes compensation for medical bills, lost wages, future medical expenses, and loss of earning capacity. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may also be entitled to compensation for pain, suffering, and disability.
Contact Our Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney
After an Uber or Lyft accident, you need a personal injury attorney with experience representing clients in rideshare accident cases. Contact an Uber and Lyft accident attorney at Tiano O’Dell, PLLC, to discuss your case, evaluate your potential claim, and protect your right to compensation for your losses. We know that unexpected injuries and losses can cause a significant disruption in your life and financial stability, and we want to help you secure the financial recovery that you deserve.