Construction workers face a myriad of risks every day. Unfortunately, they can also struggle to recover compensation in the event they sustain an on-the-job injury. At Tiano O’Dell, we are here to help if you need a Huntington construction accident attorney. If you have been injured on the job and are having trouble recovering the workers’ compensation that you are entitled to, we are ready to step in and help you get through this. Let us stand up to aggressive insurance carriers and employers on your behalf.
Why Choose Tiano O’Dell for a Construction Accident Claim?
- At Tiano O’Dell, we focus on providing a client-centered approach to every case that we take. We believe in treating clients with dignity and respect at all times.
- Our hard work is regularly recognized by our peers, and firm founders William Tiano and Tony O’Dell have been named as Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association.
- We take Huntington construction accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that clients will not have to pay any legal fees until we recover the compensation they need.
How Will an Attorney Help a Construction Accident Case?
Construction accident claims can present significant roadblocks for an injury victim, particularly if the claim is delayed or denied by the insurance carrier or the employer. An attorney experienced with construction accidents in West Virginia can conduct a complete investigation into the incident in order to determine liability. Our Charleston construction accident attorneys will vigorously negotiate with aggressive insurance carriers to secure maximum compensation on behalf of their client. If necessary, an attorney will handle every workers’ compensation appeal to ensure their client recovers the compensation they need.
Most Common Causes of Construction Accidents
Data presented by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) indicates that construction workers face significant risks on the job. During the latest reporting year, around 20% of all workplace fatalities in private industries in this country happened in the construction industry.
Unfortunately, there are a variety of ways that construction injuries occur. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- A lack of fall protection for workers on elevated surfaces
- Lack of protection for individuals on the ground from falling objects
- Tools without guards or protections
- Unsafe or defective equipment
- Exposed electrical cords or outlets
- Lack of protection for workers and trenches
- Lack of safety training for all workers at a job site
- Unsafe property conditions
- Workplace vehicle accidents
Construction accidents often lead to catastrophic injuries for those involved. This can include traumatic brain injuries, amputations, spinal cord injuries, severe lacerations, broken or dislocated bones, and more.
Any person who sustains a workplace injury at a construction site should be able to recover compensation for their medical bills, a significant portion of their lost wages, and possible disability benefits if they have to miss work for extended periods of time.
Call a Huntington Construction Accident Attorney Today
If you or somebody you care about has sustained a construction accident injury in Huntington, you need to reach out to an attorney as soon as possible. At Tiano O’Dell, we have the resources necessary to handle every aspect of your claim. We will explore all avenues for securing compensation on your behalf, including a workers’ compensation claim as well as any possible third-party personal injury lawsuits. When you need a Huntington construction accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at 304-720-6700.