West Virginia Truck Accident Attorney
Lawyers Serving Charleston and All of West Virginia
Commercial and recreational truck accidents are responsible for thousands of injuries and deaths each year and the West Virginia truck accident attorneys at Tiano O’Dell, PLLC have seen the consequences of these accidents firsthand. Recent data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Association reveals the following:
- There were 19,000 people injured in large truck crashes in 2009 and 20,000 in 2010
- There were 732,000 people injured in light truck crashes in 2009 and 733,000 in 2010
- From 2009 to 2010 there was an 8.7% increase in deaths from large truck crashes
- In West Virginia, there were 357 vehicle deaths in 2009 and 315 vehicle deaths in 2010
If you were injured in an accident with an 18-wheeler, commercial truck, or a light truck that was caused by the negligence of the truck driver or other party, or if the crash was caused by mechanical failure, defective equipment, improperly loaded cargo or another reason, you may seek compensation for your injuries in a personal injury claim. It is advisable to obtain experienced, caring, and aggressive legal representation from a qualified West Virginia truck accident lawyer. Based in Charleston, Tiano O’Dell, PLLC represents injured truck accident victims and offers complimentary case evaluations (see below).
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Truck Accident in Charleston, WV?
Commercial truck drivers, truck management companies, vehicle maintenance companies, cargo loading companies, and many other companies and individuals may all potentially be liable for their part in a commercial truck accident. While a seasoned West Virginia personal injury attorney experienced in truck accidents will be able to provide further insight regarding liability, the following is good to know:
- Commercial truck companies are required to conduct thorough background checks on their drivers.
- Truck drivers must complete specific training to become certified to drive.
- Drivers are permitted to drive only a specific number of hours per day and per week.
- Truck drivers and commercial vehicle operators must maintain thorough, accurate, and honest driving logs.
- Federal motor carrier safety regulations must be strictly followed.
Truck drivers and their employers owe the public a duty to drive according to specific rules and guidelines for safety purposes. Many accidents are caused when these rules are not followed. For example, if the truck driver drives more than the allowed number of hours, s/he may be fatigued. Driver fatigue causes many truck accidents. The accident attorneys at Tiano O’Dell, PLLC have a wealth of experience in Federal Regulations of Trucking Accidents and may conduct a thorough investigation to determine the cause of the negligence that contributed to your accident and consequent injuries.
Complimentary Consultation with a Charleston Truck Accident Lawyer
Tiano O’Dell, PLLC has received the distinction of the Preeminent Client Review Rating and Distinguished Peer Review Rating. These ratings are a respected mark of achievement and were earned by superior client service – and by getting results. If you were injured in a truck accident, it is vital to obtain the legal counsel of an aggressive and compassionate West Virginia truck accident attorney as soon as possible. At our Charleston law firm, our attorneys are plaintiffs’ rights lawyers and we firmly believe that you deserve to be compensated for your injuries. We also feel that the responsible parties should be held accountable for their negligent actions. There are no fees unless we win your case for you. We offer a complimentary consultation where you can ask questions and review possible options. To schedule your free case review, call Tiano O’Dell at (304) 720-6700 today.