West Virginia Amputation Injuries Lawyer
Amputation injuries are devastating in so many ways. An individual who has had an amputation is likely to suffer:
- Physically – physical pain, physical hardship, loss of ability to walk, reach, grasp and more
- Emotionally – the devastation from losing a limb normally brings great sorrow, depression, inner pain
- Psychologically – the mind has to deal with and adjust to a body that is without a limb that it has had forever
- Vocationally – in a great many amputation cases, the injured party is unable to continue work in the same field and must be trained to work in a different vocation
- Socially – losing a limb may create social embarrassment and feelings of low self-esteem in social settings
- Financially – amputation injuries are extremely expensive; prosthetic limbs and therapy costs continue as the body changes
If you lost a limb in an accident that was caused by another’s negligence, we can help you seek compensation for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, rehabilitation, therapy, prosthetic limbs and other costs in a personal injury lawsuit. The Law Firm of Tiano O’Dell has the experience, resources and knowledge to help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Trauma-Related Amputation Injuries
A trauma-related amputation injury may result from a sudden and unanticipated accident, such as car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle or pedestrian accident, or a workplace accident. According to the National Limb Loss Information Center:
- Upper-limb amputations accounted for the great majority – 68% – of all trauma- related amputations during the period of their research study. While this is not a universal statistic, it is revealing.
- Males experienced a significantly higher number of trauma-related amputations than females.
- As individuals age, the risk of traumatic amputations increased steadily.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Amputations Study
Additionally, in a well-established 2003 study conducted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, it was revealed that:
- On average, every year there were 21 fatal and 11,000 nonfatal workplace amputations
- 53% of the amputations occurred in manufacturing
- Operators, fabricators and laborers had the highest number and rate of amputations
Trauma-related amputations are devastating, life-altering events. As plaintiff’s rights attorneys, Tiano-O’Dell will aggressively fight to help you receive the compensation you deserve for an amputation that was caused by another person, corporation, entity or defective product.
Complimentary Case Evaluation with West Virginia Amputation Injury Attorney; No Fees Unless We Win Your Case
The Lawyers at Tiano O’Dell realize how important it is for you to receive the proper medical treatment, rehabilitation, prosthetic devices and therapy so that you can proceed in your life in a productive manner. If you lost a limb in a motor vehicle accident that was caused by another driver’s negligence, a defective product, a boating accident or any other reason, the personal injury attorneys at Tiano O’Dell will seek the maximum compensation possible. We hire medical consultants and life planners and look at present and future medical expenses and treatment, costs for prostheses, lost earnings, your former, present and future earning ability, and much more in an effort to arrive at an accurate and fair compensatory amount. Tiano O’Dell attorneys are recognized as West Virginia Super Lawyers and as Top 100 Trial Lawyers and we will use our skills and experience in an effort to help you. There are no fees unless we win your case. To schedule your complimentary consultation, call Tiano O’Dell at 304-720-6700.