Charleston, West Virginia Truck Driver Negligence Attorney
Commercial truck drivers have a duty to drive safely and to obey the rules of the road. If a driver of an 18 wheeler or other large truck drives negligently and causes an accident, they should be held accountable for their actions. Truck driver negligence can result in severe injury or death to other motorists and innocent persons. If you were harmed in an accident that was caused by truck driver negligence, you may seek compensation for your injuries and other expenses. It is vital to discuss your options with an experienced and knowledgeable West Virginia truck driver negligence attorney. Tiano O’Dell, PLLC represents victims of accidents that were caused by truck driver negligence in Charleston and throughout the state. A free consultation awaits you.
Causes of Truck Driver Negligence
There may be numerous causes of truck driver negligence. These include:
- Distracted driving – not paying attention to the road because of cellphone talking, texting, fiddling with the CD player or radio, eating, or other behavior that takes the driver’s attention off the road
- Drowsy driving – when a driver is sleepy and unable to properly keep up in traffic, an accident may easily occur
- Drugs or alcohol – truck drivers are notorious for ingesting “speed” or other drugs for energy. Unfortunately, this also can cause driving mistakes, lack of judgment, improper reaction time, mistakes in calculating the road conditions, and other problems
- Speeding – speeding is one of the most common causes of truck driver accidents
- Reckless driving – truck drivers must drive in a manner that is safe for the truck, the road and other motorists
If you were injured by a truck driver who was negligent in their duties, you may seek compensation for your injuries. Compensation typically includes medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and property damage.
Complimentary Consultation with West Virginia Truck Driver Negligence Attorney; No Fees Unless We Win Your Case
If you were injured in a trucking accident, it is vital to preserve your rights so that you may pursue a claim for compensation in a personal injury claim. It is advisable to discuss your case with an experienced and qualified personal injury attorney. Tiano O’Dell, PLLC is a personal injury firm that represents injured clients and the families of deceased victims. They have been recognized for their client dedication and professionalism by the American Trial Lawyers Association, which named them as Top 100 Trial Lawyers, and have also been designated as West Virginia Super Lawyers. Their commitment to their clients stems from their belief that injured victims must be compensated for their injuries and that the responsible parties should be held accountable. There are no fees unless your case is settled or unless we win in court. To schedule your complimentary consultation, call Tiano O’Dell, PLLC at (304) 720-6700.