Scholarship for Students with Autism
For students with autism, the transition from high school to postsecondary education can be filled with unique challenges. With 1 in 45 children being diagnosed with autism, it is more important now than ever that as a nation, we are prepared to help support these individuals and their college dreams.
For this reason, Tiano O’Dell, PLLC is proud to offer a $1,000 scholarship for college-bound or current college students who have been diagnosed with autism. To apply, applicants are asked to write a 500+ word essay sharing their story, including their future aspirations (college, career, etc.) and how this scholarship will help them achieve their goals.
Upon reviewing all submissions, the attorneys at Tiano O’Dell, PLLC will then award a $1,000 scholarship to the one applicant who best demonstrates how the scholarship will help create a better future for him/her. The scholarship can be used for any school-related expenses, such as tuition, boarding, school supplies, or books.
To Be Eligible, a Participant Must:
- Be graduating high school in 2016 or currently enrolled in an accredited technical school, college, or university in the U.S.;
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Have a documented autism diagnosis; and
- Submit a 500+ word essay.
To Apply, a Participant Must:
- Submit a 500+ word essay by September 30, 2016;
- Provide his/her first and last name, email address, home address, and phone number listed at the beginning of the essay;
- Include a copy of his/her transcript or any form of attendance verification at an accredited postsecondary institution; and
- Submit a recent picture of him/herself along with a letter from a licensed physician confirming the diagnosis of autism.
- There is no printed application – all necessary information is on this page
- We will not accept any CD-ROMs, letters of recommendation, tax returns, bank balances, resumes, or CVs
- Do not call asking where to send submissions. Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org