Charleston, West Virginia Nursing Home Negligence Attorney
Nursing home negligence and abuse is illegal via federal and state laws. In 1987 Congress passed the Nursing Home Reform Act. This Act affects nursing homes that participate in Medicare and Medicaid and requires quality of care:
- “Nursing homes must provide services and activities to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental and psychosocial well being of each resident in accordance with a written plan of care.”
- Sufficient nursing staff
- Prevent the deterioration of a resident’s ability to bathe, dress, groom, transfer and ambulate, toilet, eat and communicate
- Provide good nutrition, groom, and personal hygiene
- Maintain dignity and respect of each resident
- Provide pharmaceutical services that meet the patient’s needs
- The patient has the right to express grievances without fear of retaliation or eviction
- Many other requirements
If you have a dear relative or loved one in a nursing home and you believe she or he has been treated in a neglectful, negligent manner, contact a Charleston, West Virginia nursing home negligence attorney. Tiano O’Dell has a proven track record standing up for the rights of abused and injured parties.
Indications of Nursing Home Negligence
There are numerous indications of nursing home negligence, including the following:
- Bed sores
- Fear to tell loved ones about day to day activities
- Emotional agitation
- Withdrawn behavior
- Unsanitary living conditions
- Soiled clothes or bed
- Other behaviors and physical symptoms
The attorneys at Tiano O’Dell have two primary goals
- To help the client obtain the compensation they deserve for their neglect and mistreatment. While money cannot remove the scars of mistreatment, it can help the injured party continue on in life in a better financial position.
- To hold the negligent parties accountable for their despicable actions – to make them pay. This serves as a deterrent to them and to others in the community.
Free Case Evaluation with Charleston, West Virginia Nursing Home Negligence Attorneys; No Legal Fees Unless We Win Your Case
The attorneys at Tiano O’Dell received the Distinguished Peer Review Rating by their fellow attorneys as well as the Preeminent Client Review Rating. These ratings were earned for dedicated, successful client service and for professionalism within the legal field. As compassionate plaintiff’s rights attorneys, Tiano O’Dell fights to help you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible. Most cases are negotiated successfully outside of the courtroom. When we do need to take an insurance company to task, we will not hesitate to do so in court before a jury. As Top 100 Trial Lawyers, we pride ourselves in our ability to present your case in the most effective, persuasive manner possible – and our successful track record speaks for itself. We offer a complimentary consultation where you can ask questions and discuss your case. To schedule your free appointment, call us at (304) 720-6700. Remember, there are no legal fees unless we win your case.