Huntington Wrongful Death Attorney
If you have lost somebody that you love as a result of the negligence or intentional actions of someone else in West Virginia, we understand that you are going through an incredibly difficult time. At Tiano O’Dell, our Huntington wrongful death attorneys are ready to step in and help you get through this difficult process. Our compassionate and experienced team has a track record of success in helping families recover the closure and compensation they are entitled to after these tragedies. Our West Virginia personal injury attorneys will get to work on your claim today so you can focus on spending time with your family.
Why Choose Tiano O’Dell for Your Wrongful Death Claim?
- At Tiano O’Dell, we believe that we are defined by how we treat our clients and their family members. We work on building lasting relationships to achieve the best possible results for every client.
- We have spent more than two decades at the negotiating table and in the courtroom to help clients recover maximum compensation for their losses.
- We handle Huntington wrongful death claims on a contingency fee basis, which means that families will not have to worry about paying any legal fees until after we recover the compensation they are entitled to.
What is Wrongful Death in Huntington, WV?
Wrongful death claims can arise anytime a person loses their life as a result of someone else’s negligent or intentional actions. This can include the actions of other individuals, companies, or entities.
The Huntington, West Virginia, wrongful death lawyers at Tiano O’Dell have helped families who have lost a loved one in a variety of ways due to the negligence of others. This includes:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Medical malpractice claims
- Nursing home abuse and negligence
- Workplace accidents
- Defective product claims
- Premises liability claims
This is certainly not an exhaustive list of the ways that wrongful death claims arise throughout West Virginia. We strongly encourage you to contact a member of our team so we can examine the facts and circumstances of your case and determine the best steps moving forward.
Who Can File for Wrongful Death in Huntington, WV?
When we look at West Virginia Code section 55-7-6, we can see that the personal representative of the deceased person’s estate has to file the wrongful death claim in civil court. In many cases, the personal representative will be a member of the deceased’s family. If there are any damages awarded in a wrongful death claim, surviving family members may be eligible to receive payments. Under the law in West Virginia, the following family members are entitled to receive compensation through a wrongful death claim:
- The surviving spouse
- Surviving children, including stepchildren or adopted children
- The deceased’s parents
- The deceased’s siblings, including stepsiblings or adopted siblings
- Any other person financially dependent on the deceased at the time of death
Contact a Huntington Wrongful Death Attorney Today
It is crucial for family members to contact a Huntington, West Virginia, wrongful death attorney as soon as possible. There are specific timelines in place for how quickly these claims have to be filed, and an attorney will make sure to get the case file before any deadlines expire. At Tiano O’Dell, we are dedicated to helping grieving family members recover closure and compensation in these situations. When you need a Huntington wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at (304) 720-6700.