Huntington Birth Injury Attorney
Birth injuries are every parent’s worst nightmare. Unfortunately, these injuries can arise in a wide variety of ways, including mistakes made by medical professionals before, during, and after delivery. At Tiano O’Dell, we are here to help if you need a Huntington birth injury attorney. Our team has extensive experience handling complex medical malpractice and birth injury claims in West Virginia, and we are ready to help parents recover the closure and compensation that they are entitled to in these situations.
Choose Tiano O’Dell for Your Huntington Birth Injury Claim
- At Tiano O’Dell, we feel a commitment towards our clients in the Huntington community, and we know that the work we do can make a difference.
- Our West Virginia personal injury lawyers have spent more than 20 years helping clients recover total compensation for their losses, including significant out-of-court settlements and jury verdicts.
- We take Huntington birth injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that parents will not have to pay us any legal fees until after we recover the compensation they need to care for their child.
Types of Birth Injuries That Occur Most Often
There are a wide variety of birth injuries that can occur, but some happen more often than others. Our birth injury attorneys in Huntington have extensive experience helping clients whose children have been injured and sustained the following:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Brain bleeding
- Fetal oxygen deprivation
- Nerve damage
- Meconium aspiration
Perhaps one of the most well-known birth injuries across the country is cerebral palsy. Cerebral palsy is not a single birth disorder but rather a group of disorders that can affect a child’s head control, muscle control, muscle tone, balance, walking, sensation, and cognitive functioning. Typically, cerebral palsy is a result of brain damage caused by a lack of oxygen, or hypoxemia.
How Do Birth Injuries Occur?
Birth injuries caused by the careless or negligent actions of health care providers happen in a variety of ways. Typically, we will find that these injuries are caused by the actions of a doctor, surgeon, or member of the delivery team. Obstetricians are highly trained medical professionals that are required to uphold a certain standard of care. When they fail to uphold a medical standard of care, serious injuries can occur. Some of the most common causes of birth injuries include:
- Failing to perform a C-section if one has been indicated based on a mother or child’s symptoms
- Failing to recognize fetal or maternal distress
- Misuse of forceps, vacuum devices, or other delivery tools
- Failing to recognize a breech birth or prolapsed umbilical cord
When to Contact a Huntington Birth Injury Attorney
If your child has been injured as a result of the careless or negligent actions of a medical professional during the delivery process, reach out to the team at Tiano O’Dell for help as soon as possible. Our personal injury lawyers in Huntington have extensive experience handling complex medical malpractice claims throughout West Virginia, and we will use cutting-edge technology to help with your claim. Let our Huntington birth injury attorneys get to work on your case right now so we can help ensure that your family receives the compensation necessary to help your child make as full of a recovery as possible. You can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at (304) 720-6700.