Vehicle accidents can change everything. They can result in significant injuries and extensive property damage, and recovering compensation can become immensely challenging if the other party does not have insurance. At Tiano O’Dell, we are here to help if you need a Huntington uninsured motorist attorney by your side. We have the resources necessary to handle every aspect of these claims, and we will work to determine liability and explore all avenues of compensation on your behalf.
Why Choose Tiano O’Dell for an Uninsured Motorist Accident Claim?
- The attorneys at Tiano O’Dell focus on getting to know every client that comes through our door so that we can best meet their needs while their case is ongoing.
- We believe that any person who causes injuries to others should be held accountable for their actions. Justice demands compensation for injuries caused by carelessness or negligence.
- We take uninsured motorist accident cases in Huntington on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not have to worry about paying legal fees until we recover the money they need for their losses.
How Will an Attorney Help an Uninsured Motorist Accident Case?
Uninsured motorist cases are difficult, particularly when victims try to secure compensation. An attorney will get involved and handle every insurance carrier involved in the claim. This includes the victim’s insurance carrier when trying to secure uninsured motorist coverage.
In order to recover compensation, an attorney will also conduct an investigation into the incident to determine exactly what happened and prove liability. This can include gathering photographs or video surveillance of the incident, speaking to eyewitnesses, analyzing accident reports, and even working with accident reconstruction experts if necessary.
Ways to Secure Compensation for These Claims
Drivers often turn directly to their own insurance carriers after being involved in an accident with an uninsured driver. Every driver in the state of West Virginia is required to purchase and maintain certain levels of insurance for their automobile, including:
- Bodily injury liability: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Property damage liability: $25,000 per accident
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Uninsured motorist property damage: $25,000 per accident
What is important to point out here is that the state of West Virginia does require individuals to carry uninsured motorist bodily injury and property damage coverage. Most other states in the country do not require this type of coverage. This is a good thing for those who sustain injuries and property damage caused by an uninsured driver. These individuals can turn to their insurance carrier to recover compensation up to their policy limits.
In the event uninsured motorist coverage does not take care of all expenses, it may be possible to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver to recover additional compensation.
Call a Huntington Uninsured Motorist Accident Attorney Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured or sustained property damage in an accident caused by an uninsured driver in Huntington, reach out to the team at Tiano O’Dell for help as soon as possible. Our Charleston injury attorneys have extensive experience handling complex vehicle accidents in West Virginia, and we know what it takes to help you recover compensation for the losses. We will explore all avenues for securing the money you need to make you whole. When you need a Huntington uninsured motorist attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at (304) 720-6700.