Huntington Bicycle Accident Attorney
Bicyclists are considered vulnerable roadway users, which means they are likely to sustain an injury in the event an accident occurs involving another vehicle. At Tiano O’Dell, we are here to help if you need a Huntington bicycle accident attorney by your side. If you or somebody you love has been injured in a bike crash caused by the negligence of another driver, we will work diligently to recover the compensation that you are entitled to for your losses.
Choose Tiano O’Dell for a Bicycle Accident Claim
- The attorneys at Tiano O’Dell have spent more than two decades at the negotiating table and in the courtroom and have helped hold even the most powerful of defendants accountable for their actions.
- We provide a client-centered approach to every case that we take, which means that we go above and beyond to ensure that the needs of every client are met while their case is ongoing.
- Our clients never have to worry about paying any legal fees until after we recover the compensation that they are entitled to for their losses.
How Will an Attorney Help a Bicycle Accident Case?
Bicycle accident claims are often challenging because the insurance carrier of the at-fault party may try to place the blame on the bicyclist. A skilled bicycle accident lawyer in Huntington will step in and ensure that injured bicyclist are cared for every step of the way. They will conduct complete investigations into the incident and obtain all evidence needed to prove liability, including:
- Police accident reports
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Photographs taken at the scene
- Video surveillance of the incident
An attorney will also ensure that an injured bicyclist is evaluated by trusted medical professionals who can treat the injuries and properly calculate total expected losses.
Most Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Bicyclists are incredibly vulnerable on the roadways, and a collision with a vehicle typically means that the bicyclist will sustain two impacts – one with a vehicle and another with the ground. Both of these impacts can lead to severe injuries.
According to data available from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 146 bicyclist fatalities during the latest reporting year across the country. However, many thousands of others sustained significant injuries as a result of these incidents.
Bicycle accidents are often the fault of drivers on the roadway. The truth is that even though bicyclists have full rights to use the roadway just like any other vehicle, drivers often disregard bicyclist safety. Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents include the following:
- Drivers failing to yield the right of way when pulling out of a driveway or parking lot
- Following a bicyclist too closely
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Operating a vehicle while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Operating a vehicle while distracted by phones or other devices
Call a Huntington Bicycle Accident Attorney Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a bicycle accident caused by the careless or negligent actions of another individual in Huntington, reach out to the team at Tiano O’Dell for help as soon as possible. Our Charleston personal injury attorneys have extensive experience handling complex injury claims, including bicycle accidents. Our team has the resources necessary to fully investigate what happened and determine liability so you can recover compensation for your losses. When you need a Huntington bicycle accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or by calling us at (304) 720-6700.