West Virginia Federal Regulations of Truck Accidents Attorney
The U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMSCA) regulates the conduct of truck drivers and the trucking industry. There are a great many regulations that must be adhered to; failure to abide by these truck driver and safety regulations may result in an accident or mishap. The rules have been developed and updated over the years to specifically address the needs of the truck driving industry. If an accident occurs and the driver or trucking company is found to be in violation of one or more federal regulations, negligent conduct may be involved. If you were injured in an auto accident in which the truck driver or company was negligent, you may seek compensation for your injuries. It is highly advisable to obtain a consultation with a knowledgeable personal injury attorney who is intimately familiar with these regulations. Tiano O’Dell is a Charleston, West Virginia law firm that has been successfully representing truck accident victims for more than two decades. A complimentary case review awaits you to discuss the details of your case.
Federal Regulations Include
Of the numerous FMSCA regulations, the following are included:
- Driver must be properly tested for drugs and alcohol
- Driver must drive a limited, specific maximum number of hours per day and per week, according to the regulations
- Driver must keep a daily driving log; failure to do so is in violation of the regulations
- Driver must be properly trained and assessed for truck driving skills
- Records must be properly preserved
- Background checks must be conducted for the truck driver
- Driver must have a current, updated commercial driver’s license
- Driver must comply with state commercial driver’s license program
- Specific guidelines exist for transportation of hazardous materials; they must be strictly complied with
- Truck must be properly maintained, including: controls, display, transmission shift, transmission brake, windshield defroster and defogger, windshield wipers and washers, hydraulic and electric brakes, brake hoses, lamps, reflective devices, pneumatic specialty equipment, rear view mirrors, tire safety, brake fluid, air brake systems and much more
Complimentary Case Review with West Virginia Federal Truck Regulations Attorney, No Fees Unless We Win Your Case
If you were involved in an accident with a truck, you may be eligible for compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering, lost income, car damage and more if there was negligence on the part of the truck driver or the vehicle itself. It is essential to review your case to preserve your rights and to review your options. Tiano O’Dell is a West Virginia personal injury firm that represents injured victims and their families. They have been honored by being named as Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association and they have also been designated as West Virginia Super Lawyers. This is a reflection of their devoted client service and professionalism. There are no fees involved unless they settle your case or win in court. To schedule your complimentary case review, contact Tiano O’Dell at 304-720-6700.