Charleston, West Virginia Big Rig Tire Accidents Attorney
Big rigs are known as 18 wheelers because there are 18 tires that support the load of these extremely large trucks. Big rigs may carry large loads and weigh up to 80,000 pounds, compared to the mere 3,000 or 4,000 pounds of an automobile. If a tire blows out, shreds, falls off or otherwise becomes impaired, it may cause the driver to lose control of the truck, causing a severe accident. If a tire blows underneath the trailer section, the load may tilt, topple and cause a rollover or other dangerous situation, thereby endangering innocent motorists and pedestrians. If you were injured by a big rig tire mishap, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost income and property damage. In order to preserve your rights, it is advisable to consult with a West Virginia big rig tire accidents attorney. The Charleston Law Firm of Tiano O’Dell, PLLC represents victims of big rig tire accidents. A complimentary consultation is available to discuss your case.
Big Rig Tire Accidents Possible Causes
Each tire on a big rig may weigh approximately 250 pounds. If one of these tires blow or becomes otherwise dysfunctional, it can easily affect the large load that is being hauled. Tire accidents may be caused by the following:
- Defective tires – if the tire is inherently defective in its design or manufacture, there may be liability on the part of the manufacturer and other responsible parties
- Failing to maintain the tires – it is up to the truck driver and the truck driver’s owner or management company to make sure that the tires are kept in top notch, perfect-working order. They may be liable if they were negligent
- Tires that don’t meet DOT regulations, including tread depth – If tires are installed that are not up to code, the driver and/or trucking company, tire company, buyer, truck company or others may be liable for negligence
- Mounting tires of different sizes – this is extremely dangerous and can cause accidents, blowouts, tilts, jackknifes and other accidents
- Mounting tires that are manufactured with inconsistent material – if tires are mounted that are not the same strength, there may be obvious negligence
Complimentary Consultation with West Virginia Big Rig Tire Accident Attorney; No Fee Unless We Win Your Case
If you were injured in an accident that was caused by a big rig tire malfunction, you may seek compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and property damage in a personal injury lawsuit. It is extremely important for you to preserve your rights and to consult with an experienced and successful West Virginia personal injury attorney. Tiano O’Dell, PLLC has more than two decades of experience representing victims of big rig tire accidents and other types of motor vehicle mishaps in Charleston and throughout West Virginia. They have been named as Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association as well as West Virginia Super Lawyers, both indications of their client dedication and professional expertise. If your case is accepted, there will be no legal fees unless it is settled or won at trial. To schedule your complimentary consultation, contact Tiano O’Dell, PLLC at (304) 720-6700.