West Virginia Mesothelioma Attorney
Mesothelioma is a form of cancer that affects the lining of the stomach, lungs, or heart. The cause of mesothelioma is exposure to asbestos. At Tiano O’Dell, PLLC, our legal team has years of personal injury experience helping victims who’ve been negligently exposed to deadly asbestos. A dedicated West Virginia mesothelioma attorney at our firm can help you if you or a loved one was improperly exposed. Exposure to asbestos may occur in a number of ways, including:
- Working in an asbestos work environment, such as an asbestos mine or asbestos production facility
- Living in proximity to an asbestos mine
- Breathing air containing asbestos particles
- Working in the construction industry
- Remodeling homes that were built with asbestos
- Working without proper breathing and ventilation safety methods
- Other related areas
Repeated exposure to asbestos can result in the accumulation of microscopic asbestos fibers. When these fibers build up in the mesothelium lining of the lungs, heart, stomach or other organs, cancerous tumors may occur. Mesothelioma is a horrible and painful disease that weakens and destroys the body. If you were diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income and other damages. It is advisable to obtain a legal consultation with an experienced Charleston personal injury lawyer to review the circumstances of your case. Once this information is reviewed, a determination may be made how to proceed. A Tiano O’Dell, PLLC, attorney is available for a free consultation to discuss your case.
Types of Mesothelioma and the Associated Symptoms
Almost 3,000 individuals are diagnosed every year with a form of mesothelioma. The different forms include:
- Pleural mesothelioma – the most common form of mesothelioma, affects up to ¾ of all malignant mesothelioma cases. This affects the linings of the lungs, causing irritation, fluid retention, and pain as it develops.
- Symptoms include: breathing problems, hoarseness, chest pain, coughing, hacking, and/or wheezing
- Peritoneal mesothelioma – affects the stomach lining and ranks second, after pleural mesothelioma, in terms of malignant tumor growth
- Symptoms include: stomach and abdominal pain, nausea, change in appetite, bowel problems, swelling, and/or weight loss
- Pericardial mesothelioma – rarest form, tumors grow in the pericardium, a heart membrane
- Symptoms are not obvious until later stages of development of pericardial mesothelioma, but include: chest pain, fatigue, heartbeat irregularities, and/or respiratory problems
Mesothelioma is caused by exposure to asbestos. Asbestos fibers accumulate and create disturbances in the body. Patients may be exposed to asbestos through work or through breathing asbestos fibers in the home. If you believe you were negligently exposed to asbestos and have since developed mesothelioma, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and will benefit from speaking with a seasoned Charleston mesothelioma attorney.
Call a West Virginia Mesothelioma Lawyer If You’ve Been Exposed to Asbestos
Exposure to asbestos can lead to catastrophic, life-altering complications. It is advisable to review the circumstances of your case with an experienced Charleston mesothelioma attorney. If there is reason to believe that your mesothelioma was caused by another’s negligence, compensation may be sought in a personal injury lawsuit. If a loved one lost their life from mesothelioma, close relatives may seek compensation in a wrongful injury lawsuit. Tiano O’Dell, PLLC is a highly successful, plaintiff’s rights personal injury law firm based in Charleston, WV. At our law firm, we believe negligent parties should be held accountable for their actions and injured clients should receive the compensation they deserve for their injuries. There are no legal fees unless we obtain a satisfactory settlement or court award. To schedule your free consultation, contact us at (304) 720-6700.