West Virginia Mesothelioma Attorney
Mesothelioma is a form of cancer that affects the lining of the stomach, lungs or heart. The cause of mesothelioma is exposure to asbestos. Exposure to asbestos may occur in a number of ways, including:
- Working in an asbestos work environment, such as an asbestos mine or asbestos production facility
- Living in proximity to an asbestos mine
- Breathing air containing asbestos particles
- Working in the construction industry
- Remodeling homes that were built with asbestos
- Working without proper breathing and ventilation safety methods
- Other related areas
Repeated exposure to asbestos can result in the accumulation of microscopic asbestos fibers. When these fibers build up in the mesothelium lining of the lungs, heart, stomach or other organs, cancerous tumors may occur. Mesothelioma is a horrible and painful disease that weakens and destroys the body. If you were diagnosed with mesothelioma you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income and other damages. It is advisable to obtain a legal consultation with an experienced West Virginia mesothelioma attorney to review the circumstances of your case. Once this information is reviewed, a determination may be made how to proceed. A Tiano O’Dell attorney is available for a free consultation to discuss your case.
Almost 3,000 individuals are diagnosed every year with a form of mesothelioma. The different forms include:
- Pleural mesothelioma – the most common form of mesothelioma, affects up to ¾ of all malignant mesothelioma cases. This affects the linings of the lungs, causing irritation, fluid retention and pain as it develops.
- Symptoms include: breathing problems
- Hoarseness, chest pain, coughing, hacking, wheezing
- Peritoneal mesothelioma – affects the stomach lining and ranks second, after pleural mesothelioma, in terms of malignant tumor growth
- Symptoms include: stomach and abdominal pain, nausea, change in appetite, bowel problems, swelling, weight loss
- Pericardial mesothelioma – rarest form, tumors grow in the pericardium, a heart membrane.
- Symptoms are not obvious until latter stages of development of pericardial mesothelioma
- Symptoms include chest pain, fatigue, heartbeat irregularities, respiratory problems
Mesothelioma is caused by exposure to asbestos. Asbestos fibers accumulate and create disturbances in the body. Patients may be exposed to asbestos through work or through breathing asbestos fibers in the home. Exposure to asbestos is at cause.
Complimentary Consultation with West Virginia Mesothelioma Attorney; No Legal Fees Unless We Win Your Case
It is advisable to review the circumstances of your case with an experienced mesothelioma attorney. If there is reason to believe that your mesothelioma was caused by another’s negligence, compensation may be sought in a personal injury lawsuit. If a loved one lost their life from mesothelioma, close relatives may seek compensation in a wrongful injury lawsuit. Tiano O’Dell is a highly successful, plaintiff’s rights personal injury law firm. Negligent parties should be held accountable for their actions.
Injured clients should receive the compensation they deserve for their injuries. There are no legal fees unless we obtain a satisfactory settlement or court award. To schedule your free consultation, call Tiano O’Dell at 304-720-6700.