West Virginia Brain Injury Lawyer
Attorneys Serving Charleston and All of West Virginia
Brain injuries can leave victims with lifelong disabilities and injuries, casting a wake of devastation and sending a shiver of terror throughout the public. Medical costs connected with these types of serious injuries can skyrocket as most brain injuries lead to even more complications down the road, often requiring the victim to receive continuous medical care. For these reasons, you should consult a compassionate West Virginia brain injury lawyer if you’ve been harmed to due another’s negligence.
What Is Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)?
The Mayo Clinic describes the cause of traumatic brain injury as the following:
- “Traumatic brain injury is damage to the brain as a result of an injury.”
- “Traumatic brain injury usually results from a violent blow or jolt to the head that causes the brain to collide with the inside of the skull. An object penetrating the skull, such as a bullet or shattered piece of skull, also can cause TBI.”
What happens to the brain when there is a brain injury?
- “Mild traumatic brain injury may cause temporary dysfunction of brain cells. More serious traumatic brain injury can result in bruising, torn tissues, bleeding and other physical damage to the brain that can result in long term complications – or death.” (source: Mayo Clinic)
Traumatic Brain Injuries Caused by Negligent Conduct
If you experienced a brain injury that was caused by negligent conduct, you may wish to speak with a brain injury lawyer in West Virginia and consider seeking compensation in a personal injury lawsuit. Common causes of brain injuries include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Defective and/or dangerous buildings and houses
- Workplace injuries
- Medical malpractice (careless, reckless, or intentional medical treatment)
- Products liability (dangerous or defective products)
Dedicated Legal Representation for Traumatic Brain Injuries in West Virginia
The West Virginia brain injury lawyers at Tiano O’Dell, PLLC have successfully represented seriously injured clients for decades. We pride ourselves as plaintiff’s rights attorneys. Our goal is to help our clients obtain the compensation they deserve – and need – for the injuries that were caused by other’s negligent conduct. Most claims are settled during out of court negotiations with the defendant’s insurance company. However, if the insurance company does not offer a reasonable and appropriate settlement offer, our aggressive attorneys will not hesitate to take the case to trial. We have been honored as American Trial Lawyers Association distinguished Top 100 Trial Lawyers for our excellence in trial advocacy. Additionally, Tiano O’Dell, PLLC has attained the venerated Super Lawyer Rating. These accomplishments inspire us to work even harder on behalf of our clients.
Call a Charleston Brain Injury Attorney If You’ve Been Injured
A personal injury claim is brought by an injured party and seeks compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost earnings, property damage, and more. A wrongful death claim is brought by the deceased’s family members and seeks damages that may be similar, as well as funeral and burial expenses. In personal injury and wrongful death cases, there are no fees unless we settle or win your case. To schedule a complimentary, confidential case evaluation, with a West Virginia injury lawyer, call our Charleston office at (340) 720-6700.