West Virginia Brain Injury Lawyer
Serving Charleston and all of West Virginia
The Mayo Clinic describes the cause of traumatic brain injury:
- “Traumatic brain injury is damage to the brain as a result of an injury.”
- “Traumatic brain injury usually results from a violent blow or jolt to the head that causes the brain to collide with the inside of the skull. An object penetrating the skull, such as a bullet or shattered piece of skill, also can cause TBI.”
What happens to the brain when there is a brain injury?
- “Mild traumatic brain injury may cause temporary dysfunction of brain cells. More serious traumatic brain injury can result in bruising, torn tissues, bleeding and other physical damage to the brain that can result in long term complications – or death.” (source: Mayo Clinic)
Traumatic Brain Injuries Caused by Negligent Conduct
If you experienced a brain injury that was caused by negligent conduct, you may seek compensation in a personal injury lawsuit. Common causes of brain injuries include:
- Car accident
- Truck accident
- Commercial vehicle accident
- Pedestrian accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Bicycle accident
- Defective and/or dangerous buildings and housing
- Workplace injuries
- Medical malpractice – careless, reckless or intentional medical treatment
- Product liability – dangerous, defective products
Tiano O’Dell – Compassionate, Dedicated Legal Representation for Traumatic Brain Injuries
The lawyers at Tiano O’Dell have successfully represented West Virginia traumatic brain injury clients for decades. We pride ourselves as plaintiff’s-rights attorneys. Our goal is to help our clients obtain the compensation they deserve – and need – for the injuries that were caused by other’s negligent conduct. Most claims are settled during out of court negotiations with the defendant’s insurance company. If the insurance company does not offer a reasonable and appropriate settlement offer, your Tiano O’Dell attorney will not hesitate to take the case to trial. We have been honored as American Trial Lawyers Association distinguished Top 100 Trial Lawyers for our excellence in trial advocacy. Additionally, Tiano O’Dell has attained the venerated Super Lawyer Rating. These accomplishments inspire us to work even harder on behalf of our clients.
Complimentary Case Evaluation with West Virginia Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys; No Fees Unless We Win Your Case
A personal injury claim is brought by an injured party and seeks compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost earnings, property damage and more. A wrongful death claim is brought by the deceased’s family members and seeks damages that may be similar, as well as funeral and burial expenses. In personal injury and wrongful death cases, there are no fees unless we settle or win your case. To schedule a complimentary, confidential case evaluation, call Tiano O’Dell at 340-720-6700.