Charleston, West Virginia Surgical Errors Attorney
Surgeons and medical professionals have a duty to abide by tested, standard, and safe procedures and protocols. Surgeons are trained for years and years and are not permitted to perform surgery until they are proficient in their area of expertise. When a patient undergoes surgery, their lives are literally in the hands of surgeons and the surgical team. If a surgeon does not properly conduct a surgical procedure, the result may be catastrophic or result in wrongful death. If you were a victim of a surgical error, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, including medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income and more in a medical malpractice claim. At Tiano O’Dell, PLLC, a dedicated West Virginia surgical errors attorney stands ready to represent clients who have been harmed by surgical errors. It is imperative to preserve your rights to a claim for compensation. To discuss your case, a complimentary consultation is available.
Common Types of Surgical Errors
Surgical errors result from negligence on the part of the surgeon, hospital and/or others related to the particular case. If you have been the victim of any of the following injuries, it is in your best interest to consult a knowledgeable Charleston surgical errors attorney as soon as you’re able. Some of the more common surgical errors include the following:
- Unsterile medical instruments – medical instruments obviously must be free of bacteria and contaminants
- Operating on the incorrect limb or body part – although it would seem virtually impossible to actually operate on the incorrect limb, this is not uncommon
- Inadvertent organ puncture or damage – during surgery, an otherwise healthy organ may be unintentionally punctured or damaged by error
- Not scheduling surgery when needed – surgery must be scheduled as needed. If surgery is delayed, prolonged, or completely avoided, serious illness or death may result
- Leaving medical instruments in the body – unfortunately, medical instruments are all too frequently left inside the body after surgery, requiring a second surgery to remove the object(s) if this error does not initially result in a fatality
Contact a West Virginia Surgical Errors Lawyer Today
If you were injured by a surgical error, you may be entitled to compensation in a personal injury lawsuit. It is vital you and your Charleston surgical errors attorney file your claim during the time allotted in the statute of limitations. Tiano O’Dell, PLLC represents clients throughout the state who were harmed by surgical errors. Firm founders William Tiano and Tony O’Dell have been recognized for their superior legal expertise and have been named as Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the highly esteemed American Trial Lawyers Association. They have also been designated as West Virginia Super Lawyers; their clients have rated them a perfect 5 out of 5. During the past 20 years, they have represented thousands of clients and handled thousands of personal injury claims.
In a surgical errors case, your West Virginia medical malpractice lawyer will utilize the expertise of top medical professionals and other experts who will help to meticulously analyze and build your case. Most cases are settled out of court in a confidential settlement. In those cases where the insurance companies and other responsible parties do not offer a satisfactory settlement, your case will go to court for a trial before a jury. There are no legal fees involved unless we win or settle your case. To schedule your complimentary case review, contact Tiano O’Dell, PLLC at (304) 720-6700.