West Virginia Spinal Cord Injuries Attorney
A spinal cord injury occurs when trauma to the spinal cord fractures or dislocates vertebrae. A spinal cord lesion may result from anatomical disruption, compression, ischemia (insufficient blood supply) or a combination of the above.
What are the causes of spinal cord injuries?
- Motor vehicle accident – approximately 44%
- Falls – approximately 22%
- Acts of violence – approximately 16%
- Sports injuries – approximately 13%
Spinal cord injuries may result in partial or complete paralysis and injured victims often require a lifetime of expensive medical and rehabilitative care. First year treatment alone often exceeds $1 million. It is not at all uncommon for negligent parties to aggressively deny responsibility and liability due to the extreme costs involved. It is absolutely essential for a spinal cord injury victim to obtain highly qualified and experienced legal representation when pursuing compensation. The personal injury lawyers at Tiano O’Dell have been successfully representing spinal cord injury clients for decades.
Personal Injury Claim for Spinal Cord Injuries
In order to prove negligence in a personal injury claim, your attorney must prove the following:
- The defendant owed a duty of care to the plaintiff
- The defendant breached the duty by action or non-action
- The defendant’s actions or non-actions caused the damages/injury
- The plaintiff was injured – a resulting harm occurred – as a result of the defendant’s actions or non-actions
Your Tiano O’Dell personal injury lawyer understands how important it is for you and your family to receive compensation for your injuries. A successful personal injury lawsuit may seek compensation in the following areas:
- Medical expenses from the time of the accident, projected forward
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income, loss of ability to work, future lost income
Complimentary Spinal Cord Injury Case Evaluation, No Fees Unless We Win Your Case
If you sustained spinal cord injuries that were a result of another’s negligent conduct, make absolutely certain that you are represented by highly qualified and experienced personal injury attorneys. Tiano O’Dell attorneys are recognized as West Virginia Super Lawyers – in addition to Top 100 Trial Lawyers. As plaintiffs-rights attorneys it is our goal not only to help our clients obtain the compensation they deserve, but to hold the negligent parties accountable for their actions. We offer a complimentary case evaluation so that you can ask the questions that are on your mind regarding your future course of action. There are no fees unless we win your case. To schedule your complimentary consultation, call Tiano O’Dell at 304-720-6700.